Big Stone Golf Course has been a landmark in Three Lakes since the 1940's.
Originally know as Marty’s Three Lakes Golf Club, Big Stone was part of Carl Marty’s unique Northernaire Resort located on the shores of both Deer and Big Stone Lakes. Over the past 74 years, the course has matured and developed into a challenging nine hole golf experience for players of all abilities. Carl Marty’s original philosophy of “just for fun” is still alive and well today.
Three Lakes residents Ed & Sue Jacobsen and Jerry Schiedt purchased the Big Stone Golf Course in 2016. They have made substantial investments in the course that include:
- A spectacular new clubhouse built in 2017 featuring a full bar, food service, clothing, accessories, and patio seating.
- A circular driveway was added and includes bag drop and handicapped parking.
- A new fleet of quiet and comfortable Yamaha golf carts was added in 2017.
- New tees have been built or modified on holes #1, #3, #5 and #8, adding length and new challenges. All will be ready for play in 2018.
- Cart path modifications and improvements were completed on #1, #3, #6 and #8 including a direct cart path from the clubhouse to the first tee.
- Over 2,500 saplings and 30 mature trees have been planted along fairways and between holes adding to the natural beauty of the course now and for the future.
- Improving the greens and fairways are always a priority. Several low spots in the fairways have been leveled and re-sodded during the off-season.